Social Networks We Use


CT Tech Junkie Feed

Some Customers Say Transition From AT&T To Frontier Has Been Bumpy
Oct 29, 2014 2:26 pm
(Updated 7 p.m.) Customers who previously had AT&T Inc. landline, Internet, and video services were switched over to...more »
Social Enterprise Trust Honors Entrepreneurs Who Hope to Change the World
Oct 28, 2014 11:51 pm
Entrepreneurs interested in making social changes across the world as well as growing their bottom line are an...more »

Our Partners


Help Us Monitor the Polls on Election Day

by Staff Report | Nov 8, 2011 6:00am
(0) Comments | Commenting has expired
Posted to: Election 2011, Town News

(Updated 4:17 p.m.)Are you having a problem at your polling place? You can keep your neighbors and key public officials informed about voting irregularities by publicly documenting them in real time here with SeeClickFix and CTNewsJunkie. The map below is designed to help you report problems experienced during voting. It is not a way to report life-threatening emergencies — just problems casting your ballot.

Click on “Report an Issue” and drag the marker to the rough location of your polling place in your town, and then click “Report Here” to fill out the form. The address does not need to be exact, but be sure to list the name of your polling place in your report.

Do not include your personal information in your report unless you are OK with that information being published on the Internet and visible to readers here.

For information on Connecticut’s voting identification requirements, click here.

Click here for the Voter’s Bill of Rights.

For Spanish language forms and voting requirements for people with disabilities, click here.

If you would like to contact the Secretary of the State Denise Merrill’s office directly about your problem, you can call 860-509-6100 or .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). The Secretary’s office will be monitoring issues reported here. If you feel you have spoken to everyone available at your polling place and still need to file a formal complaint, notify the moderator at your polling place, and then call Elections Enforcement at 866-733-2463 (Press 1 or stay on the line). The U.S. Dept. of Justice can be reached at 1-800-253-3931.

When you report an issue below, include your first name, polling place, and any or all of the following keywords in your report to be sure it gets through to the right people: voting vote “polling place” “election day” poll election ballot ballots “missing ballots” “missing ballot”

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Share this story with others.

Share | |

(0) Comments

Be the first to comment