SNOW! Hartford Announces Parking Ban for First Winter Storm of Season
HARTFORD, CT — Connecticut is experiencing its first major snowfall of 2017 and cities and residents are spending the day preparing to deal with the snow and its aftermath. A winter storm warning is in effect until 11 p.m. tonight.
Snow is going to be moderate to heavy at times into early in the evening with an accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. The cold weather is going to impact the effectiveness of road treatments so drivers should be careful and avoid going out if they
* * * sponsored by TowedCar.info * * *
In preparation for the storm, Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin has declared a snow emergency parking ban for the City of Hartford starting at 7 p.m. tonight that will end at 7 a.m. on Sunday. This means that all on-street parking is prohibited throughout the City of Hartford. Any vehicles that are not removed from the street by the beginning of the parking ban will be ticketed and towed.
The city notes that Hartford District Public School parking lots will be available for parking but that cars must be removed from these lots by 11 a.m. on Sunday. The following lots are also available for Hartford residents to park at during the parking ban:
• Colt Park – Warwarme Street Lot
• Elizabeth Park – Asylum Street
• Elizabeth Park – Prospect Avenue
• Goodwin Park – Hubbard Avenue
• Goodwin Park – Maple Ave. Golf Course
• Keney Park – Woodland Street
• Keney Park – Ridgefield Street
• Rocky Ridge Park – Zion Street Lot
• Thomas J. Hyland Memorial Park – Ansonia Street Lot
• Foster Heights Park – Amherst Lot
• Holcomb Health Services Campus – 2 Holcomb Street Lot
• North End Senior Center – 80 Coventry Street Lot
• Parker Memorial Community Center – 2621 Main Street Lot
• Metzner Recreation Center – 680 Franklin Avenue Lot
• Arroyo Recreation Center – 30 Pope Park Drive Lot
Residents that have had their car towed can contact the Hartford Police Department at (860) 757-4000, or they can look up the location of their towed car online at https://towedcar.info/.